Mandaue Business Month 2008: Cebu Blog Contest
I received email from Mark of beeijing blog in our Cebu Blogger’s Society YM group, and the subject is interesting..(that is the same in my blog title..lol)
Btw, i would like to share this to my readers especially those who are in cebu…
To let a hundred Cebu Blogs bloom.
1. The blogger has to create a new blog about Cebu. Existing blogs with already entries or traffic are not allowed. The blog may be self-hosted, or it maybe in any of the publicly available free sites like Blogger.com, MSN LiveSpaces.com, or WordPress.com
2. It should be a new blog which will have a PageRank of 0 in Google, and 0 authority as according to Blog Authority, Technorati.
3. The blogger should register at the official website: www.ccebu.net/mandaue
4. Upon approval, he/she should do the following (this will also be provided) :
o Insert a code that will enable a statcounter, which will count the number of unique visitors and total them.
o Insert a code that will enable the blog to carry the blogroll of all the other accepted contestants. That means all official blogs will carry a link to all other Cebu Blog contestants.
o The blogs may also be asked to carry the logos of the sponsors of the Mandaue Business Month.
o Other than the above, the Cebu blogs are free to add whatever widgets, advertisements, or add-ons that they feel will add to the value of the blog or to their own income. However, please do note that a blog with overwhelming clutter may earn less points in the theme and overall aesthetics category.
5. The blog contest will start on July 16, and will end on August 3, 2008.
6. The registered bloggers will be invited to all the functions and events of the Mandaue Business Month where the press is also invited.
7. The bloggers will write about the events of the Mandaue Business Month, as well as probable first hand accounts of any of the towns and cities of Cebu. This wil linclude for instance the schedules, and plans of MBM, like the press con, contest rules etc.The blog may link to other blogs and quote, but 70% of the overall content should be original.
8. Each blog may have one or multiple writers. A school or association or a group may collectively also write one blog as a combined entry effort.
o The top 3 blogs will win the following prizes:
1st prize – 8,000 pesos cash or gift cheque
2nd prize – 5,000 pesos cash or gift cheque
3rd prize – 2,000 pesos cash or gift cheque
9. The top blogs will be chosen based on the following criteria:
o Technorati Ranking at the end of the contest 15%
o Google Page Ranking at the end of the contest 15%
o Number of unique visitors garnered during the period as reported by the Statcounter 20%
o Blog Design and Aesthetics 30%
o User Ranking and Voting in the website 20%
10. The top 3 blogs will be announced and awarded in September 2008 upon the conclusion of the Mandaue business Month.
11. Judge’s decision is irrevocable and final.
Should you have any questions please leave me a comment or you may visit: http://www.ccebu.net/mandaue
10 Comments »
- american idol
- Ayala Center Cebu
- BENCH model
- Blogger on the SPOT
- brian gorrell
- call center
- catholic feast
- CBS Partner
- Cebu Beach
- Cebu Bloggers Society
- Cebu Coffee
- Cebu Events
- Cebu Institute of Technology
- Celebrity News
- charice pempengco
- cover girl
- discovering cebu
- Friend Request
- from internet
- good side
- holy week
- influential blogger
- inspirational story
- leap year/day
- mail story
- my love
- naruto shippuden
- Naruto Shippuuden
- new year
- Out of topic
- Pinoy Big Brother Teen Clash of 2010
- Pinoy Boxers
- playboy philippines
- Sarah Geronimo
- sho lace style
- skin allergy
- SM City Cebu
- tagalog language
- the author
- Thomas Beatie
- tree man
- Vice Ganda
- World Bloggers Day